Service Details

Work Permit for Spouse

International Students and PGWP holders and Skilled work permit holders can bring Your Spouse to Canada with an open work permit. The big charm of this program is that Spouses are exempted from the requirements of educational qualification, language ability or work experience for assessing the admissibility. This is an excellent way for your spouse, common-law partner or even depended children to bring them and reunifying your life in Canada. Spouses can work for any employer for full time in Canada without the needing of the offer letter. Talk to our Consultant about your eligibility. The validity of this open work permits last with the principal applicant status.

International Student: Full-time students with a valid study permit can bring their spouse or common-law partner to Canada with an open work permit. The work permit is valid for the entire length of the student's study period

Post Graduate Work Permit holders: Once you have finished your studies in Canada and subsequently obtained Post graduate work permit, you can bring your spouse or common-law partner under open work permit. You should be working in any of skilled occupation as defined in NOC O, A or B for at least 3 months.

Skilled Work Permit holder: A dependent spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker is eligible to apply for an open work permit if Skilled worker holds a work permit that is valid for a period of at least 6 months and he or she is employed in an occupation that skill type ‘0’ or skill level A or B


Post Graduate Work Permit

Graduates from eligible DLIs and their program is eight months or more are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) after their complete study. The PGWP is a type of open work permit that allows students can work for any employer without needing a valid job offer. The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) as part of Canada’s efforts to attract international students and retain them as a future immigrant. The validity of PGWP that lasts between eight months and three years. Candidates who gained experience under skill type ‘0’ or skill level A or B through the PGWP and have minimum of 1 year experience, helps graduates to qualify for a permanent residence application in Canada through the Canadian experience class within Express Entry.


PR Card and Renewal

A Permanent Resident card is a plastic card with the individual's biographic information including photo and expiration date issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. It authorizes the PR card holder the right to live and work anywhere in Canada. If a PR travels outside Canada, the permanent resident card is the proof that you are a permanent resident of Canada. If a PR holder leaves Canada then you will need a valid PR Card to re-enter the country. If you are outside Canada and your PR Card is in expired status you need to apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to return to Canada. As long as you remain in Canada and the permanent resident card expires, it does not mean you lost permanent resident status. Even if you fail to meet the permanent resident residency obligation, your PR status remains in effect until an official decision is made on your status.

If a PR card is within 9 months of expiration, or it has already expired, a permanent resident can submit an application for a new PR card. In order to renew a permanent resident card, an applicant must submit a complete application in hard copy to one of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Case Processing Centers for PR cards. Upon submission, provided that an application is complete and that the permanent resident meets all requirements, a new PR card will be issued. Applications for renewed PR Cards generally take 69 days. You can find up-to-date application processing times on the IRCC website. However, many people have found that it can take several months to process PR card applications.

A permanent resident card is usually issued for five years and it is valid until the expiry date listed on the card. Upon renewal of this card, this will be sent to addresses within Canada only. Please note that permanent resident status does not expire when a person’s PR card expires. Permanent Resident status is for life time; however, a person can only lose their PR status in the following situations and it must go through the official process.

  • You voluntarily renounce your permanent resident status;
  • A removal order is made against you and comes into effect, or;
  • You become a Canadian citizen.
  • You have to prove that you have ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family that prove you will be returning to your home country

Citizenship Application.

This could be a larger reason to choose Canada as your preferred immigration country than any other country like US UK and Australia as it takes very very long time to take Citizenship

In Canada there are 3 ways to receive the Citizenship

  1. Canada Born
  2. Born Outside of Canada to a Parent of Canadian
  3. Qualify under immigration program and become a citizen by step by step

Most of the people qualify under the various immigration program and gradually become the citizen of Canada. Canada approves the dual citizenship. You are not required to give up your previous citizenship once you become a Canadian citizen.

General Eligibility factors for Citizenship
  • Residency. You must be physically present at least 1,095 days within the last 5 years before your application.
  • Income Tax Act. You must have filed income taxes for at least three (3) of the last five (5) years you have been a permanent resident.
  • Language. You must submit proof of being proficient in one of the official languages of Canada: French or English, unless you are younger than 18 or older than 54.
  • Knowledge. You must pass an oral and written test on Canada’s history, government, geography, and citizenship rights and responsibilities in English or French, unless you are under 18 or older than 54.

Get your immigration visa/education opportunity through Maple Rich Wizard, let us help you.